A simple but delicious and colorful appetizer
Write a review
- 18 oysters, shucked (Do not drain the
- oyster likker. Keep it with the oysters.)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into bits
- 3 TB unsalted butter
- 2 tsp sherry
- 4 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 TB minced green and red pepper
- 3 TB minced red onion
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Shuck the oysters, saving the likker in the shell with the oyster. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Fry up the bacon and drain on paper towels. Discard all but a slight film of grease in the pan.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a small bowl and add two teaspoons of sherry. Set aside.
- In the greased skillet, add one tablespoon unsalted butter and melt over medium heat, then add the spinach, red onion, and peppers. Cook for two to three minutes, stirring, until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Brush each oyster with the butter and sherry mixture. Divide the spinach mixture among the oysters. Top with bacon crisps and a sprinkling of Parmesan and panko. Run them under the broiler until the tops are golden brown.
My Outer Banks Home http://myouterbankshome.com/