Assemblage of mediterranean ingredients tastefully comes together for spring.
Write a review
- 1 lb. potatoes, sliced ½” thick
- 1 fennel bulb, halved lengthwise and sliced ½” thick
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise, and sliced ½” thick
- 4 artichokes, prepared (instructions below)
- 1 lemon, sliced ¼” thick
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ - ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ - ½ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 2-3 TB fresh parsley
- STEP 1: Heat oven to 450°.
- STEP 2: Prepare artichokes: Slice stems off so artichokes sit evenly. Tear off bottom 2-3 rows of leaves, cut tips off remaining leaves, and slice about ½-1 inch off tops. Cut into quarters and carefully remove the choke (the fuzzy part) and the inner leaves. Add enough water in a pot to cover artichokes and squeeze the juice of one lemon into the water. Place pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook, covered, until heart is tender, 35-40 minutes. Remove and drain artichoke quarters. Cut hearts out and reserve.
- STEP 3: Use the remaining leaves to dip into melted butter and pull through teeth to get the pulp-like portion at the base of the petals.
- STEP 4: Toss potatoes, fennel, leek and lemon slices with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano to coat. Spread in baking pan in a single layer and bake at 450° until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- STEP 5: Remove from oven. Mix in artichoke hearts and olives. Sprinkle parsley and feta over top.
My Outer Banks Home https://myouterbankshome.com/
Please follow and like us: