Simple yet vibrant take on dijon potatoes.
Write a review
- 1 pound new potatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched
- 2 TB rice vinegar, divided
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 3 TB canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped dill, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- STEP 1: Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in potatoes and cook until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain potatoes in colander, and transfer to a bowl. Immediately toss potatoes with 1 TB rice vinegar. That’s the trick here. Immediately!
- STEP 2: Prepare asparagus. Bend each spear gently and the asparagus will snap. Don’t worry. The asparagus knows where to break. Discard the bottom portion. Slice the rest of the spear into 1-inch pieces. Drop asparagus into boiling, salted water. Cook 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain asparagus and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking and set that lovely spring green color.
- STEP 3: For the vinaigrette, whisk remaining tablespoon of rice vinegar with Dijon until smooth. Gradually whisk in the oil, forming an emulsion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in dill.
- STEP 4: Lightly toss cooled potatoes and asparagus with dressing. Garnish with additional sprigs of dill.
My Outer Banks Home https://myouterbankshome.com/
Please follow and like us: