Spring Strawberry Salad Supreme
- Mixed spring lettuce greens – romaine, red and green oak leaf, arugula, assorted lettuces
- Baby spinach greens
- Radicchio, julienned (It resembles red cabbage, but is a member of the chicory family. Totally different animal. Has a slightly bitter taste that pairs well with balsamic vinegar.)
- Basil and mint leaves, torn.
- Confetti mix of green, yellow, orange, and red peppers in a tiny dice
- Red onion, diced
- Candied pecans, recipe below
- Chèvre cheese, diced and rolled in a mix of chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground pepper
- Red and black grapes, halved
- Strawberries, thinly sliced
- Avocado, cubed and tossed in lime juice (for flavor and to prevent discoloration)
- As for the amounts of each ingredient, remember, this is a salad. It isn’t rocket science, so just mix and go.
Rosie Hawthorne is a blogger, gardener, wanderluster, and mother of three. She learned to cook by watching Julia Child every Saturday afternoon on her 11-inch black and white TV with legal pad and pen in hand. For the Hawthornes, every meal is a celebration of life.